Wednesday, July 4, 2012

(Entry 1) The workshop - Before (Eeeek)

 This is why I'm scared to start something new, that is the mess I have to deal with first.  What do I do with it all?  The wife says I'm not allowed to burn the house down, or rent a bulldozer for the day, what are my options now?  I've heard of this new thing called "elbow-grease", but it is a fairly unheard of thing these days and I'm not sure I can even muster the energy to do a Google search and find out more information.  I guess I'll have to find out if anyone on kijiji is selling a clean-up-bot, or at the very least a child laborer that some shameful parent is renting out to teach the poor minion some work ethic or some such retched thing.    
 Moving on... On the right you'll see a brick wall that's not important, now if you'll follow the brick wall to the back of the picture you'll see a plywood wall, that is also unimportant, now looking directly in the middle of those two unimportant things, you'll see the mess.  That gigantic, enormous, frigga-huge box type thingy is an old project of mine from way back, like last year.  It is...A...A...A...Heat box (See what I did there, I created suspense, amazing).  I'm sure you feel good knowing this very useful information now, what's even more interesting is that it is brand new, and it cost me like $100 bucks to build.  Apparently when you say you're building archery bows, but never actually build any (other than a few embarrassing test subjects), your heat box never gets used, except for as a shelving unit/dust collector.  So now what to do with it?  I'm going to rip it apart and use the plywood to build the strongback (you'll see it, I promise) that I need to attach the canoe molds to.  This strongback thingy is to keep everything straight and lovely looking, and hopefully make my life easier, and my back much less sore (I'm sure that depends also on the height I build it at).      

That's a trampoline, my daughters actually.  Why would such a lovely fun-maker be doing in my garage rotting?  To be very honest, I grew tired of picking it up off of the neighbors lawn after a storm, moving it before I cut the grass, and washing the bird dung and leaves from the ginormous willow tree out of it!  Like everyfrikkengoshdamnday (put that on dictionary.com).  It now sits in my workshop, just waiting patiently for the day I spray it with lighter fluid, strike my lighter (my old lighter, I'm now an X smoker) and set a blaze to the anti fun-makin thing it has sadly become.  Just kidding!  I'm going to set it out on the road with a FREE sign on it, come get it, you'll love it...I promise.  Back to the shop.  The white thing is an extra washing machine that I'll end up using for a storage shelf until it's needed in the house.  The pile of boxes on the right are filled with stuff from my Father's house from when he moved, he donated his junk to my wife (thanks Dad) so she could have a yard sale and make tons of money, yeah, tons!  The chair is a lovely kijiji purchased rocking chair that was intended to help her boobie-feed my youngest son, now it sits in my shop broken and unwanted, it is getting the lighter fluid.  Dear, I'll fix the chair if I can be fed that way, muah-haha.  Sadly I must keep busy by building boats, and writing terrible blog posts instead.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my shop "before" the clean out.  We'll see you next year after it has been cleaned out, or the year after.

Spelling and grammar mistakes, run on sentences, and dull blabbidy-blah is what you should come to expect here.  I'm not a college graduate, nor a high-school one at that, and if you don't like it...Read the pictures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment